Rugby Club

Old Illtydian RFC

Old Illtydian RFC were formed in Splott in 1929 and were former pupils of the now demolished St Illtyds School, Courtney Road, Splott. St Illtyds School is now Based in Rumney. The rugby club has flourished and their HQ is at the Old Illtydian Rugby & Social Club, Splott Road. The rugby club runs senior teams with the firsts team playing in the WRU leagues, their home pitch at Moorland Park being situated opposite the Old Library.

During the massive renovation and refurbishment project Changing rooms, referees rooms, medical rooms etc were built at the rear of the premises to facilitate the playing of games at Moorland Park. The success of this move to the Old Library has proved even more successful with a now thriving and growing mini & junior section, with boys and girls from ages 5 to 11 enjoying playing for Old Illtydian RFC.

For the latest news about the Old Illtydians, please click the Facebook icon below and LIKE our page.

Tredegar & Bute Suites

The Old Library Has a number of excellent rooms for hire. The rooms are available from 9am to midnight every day of the week and can be used for all purposes.

Hire a Space

LEARN MORE

Community

LEARN MORE

Food Special

LEARN MORE

Old Illtydian RFC

LEARN MORE

avada-cafe-logo-footer